- Yun Qian Meng: first daughter of Yun Xuan Zhi, born from the official wife.
- Qu Ruo Li: Yun Qian Meng’s mother. Second daughter of Fu Guo Gong fu. Died after giving birth.
- Yun Xuan Zhi: father of Yun Qian Meng, the right prime minister.
- Su Qing/Su yiniang: the most favorite concubine of Yun Xuan Zhi. Mother of Yun Ruo Xue.
- Yun Ruo Xue: second daughter of Yun Xuan Zhi. Daughter of Su Qing and sister of Yun Qian Meng younger by three months. She hates Yun Qian Meng and vice versa.
- Liu Han Yu/ Liu yiniang: concubine of Yun Xuan Zhi. In charge of the household after Su Qing was forced to step down. Treats Yun Qian Meng highly. Mother of Yun Yan.
- Yun Yan: third daughter of Yun Xuan Zhi, born from Liu Han Yu. The most timid of the three daughters. Has a bad relationship with Yun Ruo Xue but a good relationship with Yun Qian Meng.
- Mu Chun: Yun Qian Meng’s personal maid.
- Mi momo: old maid of Yun Qian Meng. In charge of Qi Luo Yuan. She was a maid of Yun Qian Meng’s mother.
- Old madam/zumu: the mother of Yun Xuan Zhi. Don’t have a good relation with Yun Xuan Zhi.
- Yuan Yi Heng: eldest son of the brother of Yun Xuan Zhi (forgot his name, will change it when we got to his part). The smartest of his brother and sister.
- Yun Yi Jie: the second son of the brother of Yun Xuan Zhi. The pervert of the family.
- Yun Yi Yi: the most favorite granddaughter of zumu. Zumu wanted to set her up with Chu Fei Yang. When the story begins, she was only 13.
Yun Xuan Zhi has many concubines, but the two most important are Su Qing and Liu Han Yu. There’ll be some chapters about Hua yiniang, but she is just a side character.
- Qi Luo yuan: where YQM stays.
- Feng He yuan: where Su Qing stays with YRX
- Bai Shun Tang: where old madam stays
- Fu Liu yuan: where Hua yiniang stays
- Gu Lao Tai Jun/ Lao Tai Jun/ waizumu: the maternal grandmother of Yun Quan Meng, mother of the empress dowager.
- Qu Ling Ao/ Hou ye: son of Gu Lao Tai Jun, uncle of Yun Qian Meng. The head of Fu Guo Gong Fu. He’s a marquis of Xi Chu.
- Ji Shu Yu/ Hou furen: aunt of Yun Qian Meng
- Qu Fei Qing: older cousin of Yun Qian Meng, the lady of Fu Guo Gong Fu, niece of the empress dowager.
- Qu Zhang Qing: older cousin of Yun Qian Meng. The heir of Fu Guo Gong Fu, nephew of the empress dowager.
- Qu Yan: third master of Qu family born from a concubine. Half brother of Qu Ling Ao.
- Qu Jing Qing: Qu Yan’s daughter
- Tan shi: Qu Yan’s wife, Qu Jing Qing’s mother
- Qu Fu: fourth master of Qu family. Born from a concubine.
- Bai shi: wife of Qu Fu.
- Qu Nian Wen: daughter born from a concubine of Qu Fu.
Fu Guo Gong Fu
Fu Guo Gong Fu is in charge of protecting the palace. Holds military power.
- Rui Lin yuan : Where Lao Tai Jun lives
- Chu Yun Ge: where Qu Zhang Qing lives
- Ting Yu Xuan: where Qu Fei Qing lives
The richest family in Xi Chu country.
- Chen Lao Tai Jun: grandmother of Rong Yun He
- Rong Yun He: admirer of Yun Qian Meng. He has a head full of white hairs. Because of that he is shunned by others.
- Rong Xian taifei: aunt of Rong Yun He. She is forbidden from having children, so that this family won’t fight for the throne.
- Rong guifei: sister of Rong Yun He. In love with the crown prince of Bei Qi. Married to Yu Qian Di.
- Yu Qian Di: the emperor of Xi Chu Kingdom.
- The empress dowager: step mother of Yu Qian Di. First daughter of Fu Guo Gong Fu.
- Jiang Mu Chen/Chen Wang/ 7th prince: half brother of the emperor, ex-fiance of Yun Qian Meng. Rival of Chu Fei Yang, both in court as in love.
- Yuan De taifei: mother of Chen Wang, plotting to make Chen Wang emperor.
- Chu Nan Shan/ Chu Wang: the grandfather of Chu Fei Yang. Holds many power but like to be low key.
- Chu Fei Yang/ future Chu Wang/ Zuo Xiang: the left prime minister. Loves Yun Qian Meng.
- Siling: Chu Fei Yang’s personal guard.
- Chu Pei: father of Chu Fei Yang. He hasn’t seen his son since birth.
- Xie Su Yi: second wife of Chu Bei. Her family is very rich.
- Chu Qin Yang: half brother of Chu Fei Yang. Son of Chu Bei and Xie Su Yi.
- Chu Jue: daughter of Chu Bei and Xie Su Yi.
- Hai wang: he together with emperor Xi Jing and Chu wang estabilished this country.
- Hai Tian: the daughter of Hai wangfei and Hai wang. Likes Chu Fei Yang.
- Hai Chen Xie: fifth and youngest son of Hai wang. Born from Qin cefei
- Qin cefei: most beloved fei of Hai wang, mother of Hai Chen Xie. Died when Hai Chen Xie was five from an “accident”.
- Liu shi: maternal grandmother of Yun Ruo Xue, stepmother of Su Qing. Paternal grandmother of Su Qian Yue and Su Cheng Yan.
- Su Yuan: blood brother of Su Qing. The head of Su fu and the minister of justice.
- Su Qian Yue: eldest daughter. Cousin of Yun Ruo Xue
- Su Cheng Yan: brother of Su Qian Yue and cousin of Yun Ruo Xue.
Han Guo Gong Fu:
- Lin Lao Tai Jun: the maternal grandmother of Chen wang. Mother of the head of Yuan family.
- Yuan Qing Zhou: cousin of Chen wang. A good for nothing son. Has a crush on Yun Qian Meng.
Pu Guo An: Temple which is funded by the imperial family
- Jiu Xuan shitai: the owner of Pu Guo An. She has medical knowledge and is known as the most powerful master who look into the future and chase ghost away.
- Lao Tai Jun: title for the mother of the master of a resident
- Taifei: the concubines of the previous emperor
- Yiniang: concubine. They are considered as servants.
- Fu: is used to describe a mansion of an official: Xiangfu, Wangfu
- Yuan: a part of a fu. Basically a fu is many yuans together with the kitchen.
- Mama: old maid. Most of the time they have a deep bond with their masters.
- Ben: when ben is used before a title it means oneself. Benwang, benfei.
- Chennu: I, used by daughters of offcials
- Zumu: paternal grandmother
- Waizumu: maternal grandmother
- Jiu jiu: brother of mother
- Jiumu: wife of jiujiu
- Biaojie: elder female cousin
- Biaoge: elder male cousin
- Biaomei: little female cousin
- Biaodi: little male cousin
- Shufu/shushu: father’s younger brother
- Gugu: father’s sister
- Shenshen: shufu’s wife
There’ll be more characters coming in this book. You can check this page if you read a new name.